Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Spencer & Shayla (Checketts) Smith


Hello Everyone!

It's so good to hear from you! We're so looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion, it will be lots of fun to reminisce about the good ol' years!

Spencer & I are living in Coralville, Iowa right now. Spencer will be starting his 4th year in dental school right after the reunion. I keep teasing Spencer that he's one of the few who is STILL going to school! Oh well, the end is coming! Spencer really enjoys what he is doing and looks forward to being finished with school and getting a job (I am too!) He keeps pretty busy, but when he gets a free moment he likes to work in the garden. He's quite the gardener.

I am lucky enough to stay at home with our 2 daughters, Madilynn (5) and Devanee (3). They are so fun and I enjoy every minute. Madilynn will be starting kindergarten this fall and is so excited! Kindergarten here is full day so I must say I'm pretty excited too! Devanee will be in preschool in the mornings which she is really excited about too. It looks like I'm going to have so much time on my hands---oh, wait baby girl #3 is on her way! Yep, we are going to be the house of girls! We are expecting her to arrive the first week in November if not a little sooner! The girls are really excited to have another sister, but Madilynn is feeling sorry for dad because he's a little out numbered! The girls do love their daddy a whole lot, so I don't think he's got it too bad!

Spencer will graduate next June and we hope to head back west. I am getting a little tired of the heat and humidity, plus I need my mountains! We hope everyone is doing well, and we can't wait to see you soon!

9 comments:

Jenn Handy said...

HELLO MY DEAR FRIENDS. . . Long time no see. Your kids are freaking darling. I am so excited to see you guys! You look like your doing great. I am so excited for you. Spence. . . keep up the good work with school, it will all pay off in the end. Well I will see you soon. Love ya ~ Jenn

Angie Miller said...

Yeah for SHAY!

And Big. I mean, Dr. Big.

Angie

Jenn Brown said...

Oh my gosh you guys! That's crazy how much you've had going on in your lives. I remember going to your wedding and no two and a half kids! That takes some major courage. I admire that. Good luck with everything and I'll see you in a bit.

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

Big and Shay, what do you say. I was glad/sad that you didn't get the grant for this summer so you could come to the reunion. The grant would have been perfect but I guess now that you are coming. I heard that Big is going to dress up like little orphan Annie and sing "The sun will come out Tomorrow." I can't wait.

Hack

Elder Paysen Adams said...

How is Iowa?! Sometimes I get the itch to move out of the west, to a place with trees everywhere. I'm excited to see everyone. Your kids are getting big! Congrats on number 3 coming!

Angie Miller said...

I heard Shay is going to do a tap dance while Big sings.

Teeps Peeps said...

Big. Shay-Luh. Cute kids. One more year of school and you'll be out in the real world! Hey, we're not too far North from you guys - when you make those runs to Canada feel free to stop in!

-tjt

Anonymous said...

I dropped a note to you two, but it never showed up! I love this picture of your family! You guys look great! Lucky you on having girls! They are beautiful! Are they as sweet as they look????
Congratulations on the new one. Have you found out what it is yet and when are you due? See you soon, Melissa

Anonymous said...

uhmmm, yeah, I just reread what you wrote . . . so that answered the question about whether you had found out what it was. . .You guys might end up with all girls, huh?