Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Angie Bergstrom Miller

I swear it hasn’t been ten years.

I remember walking down the aisle in a dorky cap and gown for graduation, then I blinked and suddenly, we’re headed to a reunion.

Insane.

In the last ten years, I went to Ricks, BYU, and grad school. I married an awesome guy from California who I met at BYU, and we live in Meridian, ID, with our daughter Benette (almost 2). I worked at the LDS church magazines for a while, taught a couple classes at BYU and UVSC, and loved my job as storytime lady/children’s librarian at our local library. Now I am a stay-at-home mom and ponder more important issues of life like what exactly teletubbies are and how to get play-dough out of my daughter’s hair. My husband Carl is a transportation planner for the Boise region and is training for a marathon this summer. My daughter Beni loves hiding things, which is cute when it’s a teddy bear in my bed, not cute when it’s a banana in my running shoes. I keep myself busy doing freelance writing and editing from home. I’m excited to see everyone again, and I really enjoy reading these posts.

15 comments:

Jenn Handy said...

HELLO ANGIE. . . HOLY CRAP IT HAS BEEN FOREVER. How in the heck are you. Your daughter is so darling. I am so excited to see you next week. I was just looking at the pics you guys gave me in High School you know . . . when we thought we were models. YEAH I have Sara Miller Packer in my ward and I give her crap about them all the time. I am not saying that I would not be completely devistated if those pics got in the wrong hands or anything . . . but it is so fun to use as blackmail for her. I will so bring that photo album next Saturday. ha ha I am sure your hubby would like to see them too! jk Well I sure miss you and cannot wait to see you! Love ya ~ Jenn

Jenn Handy said...

I will so destroy them . . . after the big 10 year reunion. . . I love ya to death. . . C-Ya Soon

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

Angela, Just kidding. WHAT IS GOING ON? (I write with as much excitement as I could possible type). We really haven't talked for the longest time. It is so good to see your family and hear how Carl is doing. My wife loves the stay at home mom job. I am really jealous because I miss out on all the cool stuff like. (i.e. rolling over). I can't wait to see you at the reunion.

Schmacke (Haacke)

Anonymous said...

Well Hello, Angie! You look so cute! What a cute family! How's city life over there in Boise? Busy I'm sure! I still can't believe how much Rexburg has changed and grown. I'm wishin that we could move somewhere void of too many people.
I just had a memory of drivers ed. with you. I was such a chicken behind the wheel and you were alway's so confident! You were always a sweetheart with a great sense of humor!
Before this gets too long, was it just me or did my pictures not show up on the blog? I'm wishin I was one of so-called computer nerds! I hate my computer, it is by far smarter than me. ha ha. I'm kinda lookin like an idiot with the headline that says "I finally got the picture thing figured out" . . .and yet NO pictures! I honestly think that it's my computer . . .least that's the story that I'm stickin with!
So, I'll talk to you soon.

. . . .oh yeah! that would be negative on the epidural thing. I figured that I'd be a hero with that birth and go ALL natural. Little did I know that he'd come out a toddler! Luckily for me I woosied out and had them inject something in my I.V. ten minutes before he was born. Definately not an experience that I EVER want to repeat. I'm actually a little traumatized about it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Alright, it was just my computer! Wahoo! Now I just look like an idiot, period! ha ha.

rachel harris said...

I bet we have passed each other sometime. Which neighborhood do you live in? I live in Boise now but I still am out in Meridian a lot. My sister/brother-in-law live there. It will be interesting to see who is over on this side of the state. Your little girl is so cute!!!

rachel harris said...

We lived in Sunneybrook off Cherry Lane near Linder. We had a fixer upper and my husband gutted the whole thing and redid it all. My sister/brother-in-law live in Lochsa Falls which I think is accross the street from you and we are always over that way. What a small world!!!

rachel harris said...

It's my husbands brother and his wife and they are Mike and Sarah Hessing. They could be in your ward. She is in the Relief Society Presidency. You may just know them.

Teeps Peeps said...

Ya know - we've meet an awful lot of people from North Dakota lately. We've surely met half its population! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Jenn Brown said...

Hey thanks. I can't believe it's been ten years. You look so great and what a cute family. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Elder Paysen Adams said...

Angie, you are my favorite now, you think i'm a good parent!!!!! I think i could write the book 101 signs of bad parenting! Ha ha! I bet your daughter is never bored, she's lucky to have such a fun mom!
c you soon!

Jean Wilding Richardson said...

I'm actually surprised we don't run into each other more often ... but I suppose once is enough when it involves the OBGYN office and a cup of fresh urine in my hand =)
Paramount is getting huge! I heard your ward building is already full ... that thing isn't even a year old yet is it?
See you Saturday.

Dixie Bazil said...

Angie, your daughter is so cute. Are you still doing storytime at the library? Ya, we moved to Provo in 2004 when Trev got accepted into BYU. How is Boise treating you guys? We miss the city alot. We live in a little town about the size of Sugar and coming from Provo and Boise its a little bit of a shock. It was definately convinent living in the city. We have to go to Cedar City or St. George to do our shopping. We were not able to make it to the reunion and I was disappointed. Well, at least we have this site to keep in touch. well, we'll see ya later!

Bridgette said...

Angie, it was so good to find your post! You have a really beautiful family. We'll have to chat sometime soon.