Thursday, July 12, 2007

The King Family is Roastin in St. George

Hello everyone! It has been so much fun to talk to all of you and e-mail you and mostly to have you help me find people for the upcoming reunion. We are glad so many of you will be coming. And for those who aren't, how nice to have this site to keep in touch with!

We're melting right now in incredibly sunny St. George, Utah. Yesterday we had a thunderstorm that cooled us off to 100 degrees, but it's back up to 115 tomorrow! I am so excited to be heading back to Rexburg! Seth is teaching seminary at Pine View High School here and loving it. Yes, he is still his crazy self with just a touch more maturity (only a touch) than you remember. I guess having 3 kids does something to you, right? . . . He loves the heat here and often goes mountain biking or takes the kids down to a nearby river or hiking up the mountain behind our house. He called me recently on his way home from work and asked if I would pick him up.(he was biking) It was a 112 degrees and he said that he was starting to black out after the first couple of miles...go figure...

We built a home here in 2003, which was quite an experience! Seth loves doing the yardwork and making projects for himself. He landscaped the entire yard, built our deck, and has become Mr. Fix-it around the neighborhood, taking care of several neighbor's lawns & sprinkler systems. I think Brent's Lawn and Leisure would be proud of him. :)

Seth and I graduated together from BYU-I in 2002 with our Bachelors Degrees just before we moved down here. Seth also got his Masters Degree at Utah State during the summers. I'm currently teaching piano and violin lessons--between 10-20 students, depending on the time of year. I love being able to be at home with my kids--they are crazy and full of energy--must have a lot of Seth in them. Our oldest is Lydia (6), who will start 1st grade this fall. She's such a good girl--she keeps us in line and informs us every time we break a rule. She's a good little reader and loves to play with her friends (anything from Barbies to Star Wars). Jacob (2) is the most like his daddy. He cracks us up! He has tons of personality and loves Cars, Thomas the Engine, hiking with dad, riding his bike, swimming, and knocking over his little sister, and breaking anything that is valuable to us. He is a good kid, but spends most of his day on a time out chair. I will let you imagine why he is on time out...remember he is the most like Seth. Eleni is a sweetheart. She always has her tongue sticking out, loves to eat potting soil from our plants, and is fascinated by water (toilets, swimming pools, sprinklers, and did I mention toilets?).

We hope someday to move back a little closer to Sugar, but for now we really feel at home here. We're looking forward to seeing you guys soon! I hope this doesn't exceed the limit--I've really gone on, haven't I? Sorry! Seth will probably want to write more later, but it takes him ages to get around to this sort of thing...what a nut. I think I laugh at him and with him most of my day. I love him so much. He just makes everybody around him happy including me. Take care and keep us posted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
It is so fun to hear about what is going on with you and your family. I wish you guys lived closer. I have had the hardest time finding my kids a piano teacher. And Seth's a seminary teacher, huh? That's neat! Seminary was always my favorite class. I can see where he'd be great at that! As far as your heat down there goes. . .I know I couldn't handle it, I'm not liking the heat out here. . . . and as for thinking that yours was too long . . .have you seen mine? I tend to be a little long winded at times! I'm all for hearing more! This is so much fun. Oh yeah, I was going to ask if your sister and Doug (?) still live around here? Last time I saw them they had just had their first baby.

Elder Paysen Adams said...

Your boy looks just like seth and your oldest girl looks just like you! I've never seen kids look so much like their parents! Sometimes,I wonder where my children came from! Thanks for putting the reunion together, your awesome

Jenn Handy said...

OKAY Seth and Jess you guys have a freakin cute family. I am so excited to see you here next week. Corianne is not kidding when she says your daughter looks just like Jess and your son looks like a miny Seth. SO COOL! Well I will talk to you soon. Love ya ~ Jenn

Jenn Brown said...

Hey you guys, it's so cool to hear baout what you've been up to. I can't believe the little family you have. It's so crazy to see all of these people I went to high school with that have like2-4 kids. Craziness! It'll be cool to see you at the reunion. Take care.

Angie Miller said...

I think Lydia could be your twin, and your son is Seth's twin. We're coming down for Thanksgiving - we should get together!

The Russell Four said...

Hey guys! Your kids are adorable! Great work! Hope you're somehow staying cool down in St. George. I saw on the news the other day that there was a four-hour power outage down there and I can only guess how bad that sucked. Have fun at the reunion in nice Idaho weather!

Dixie Bazil said...

Jessica,
Sorry I never made it to the reunion, but I am glad to have this blog so we are able to keep in touch. We should get together sometime. We are going to St. George frequently to go shopping. We just live about an hour and a half from there. We have to do our shopping there and in cedar. Anyways, let me know.