Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rachel (Harris) Hessing


Hi everyone! It's so great to see what you are all up to and I look forward to getting updates on others who will post. What a great idea!


As for what I have been doing these last ten years.....I first went to Ricks (as I still call it) and then moved to Utah for about 8 months and worked at Primary Children's Hospital. I then changed majors and moved to Boise and got my degree in nursing at Boise State. I work at St. Lukes Hospital in Boise as a RN in the Emergency Room. I really like my job. It's really challenging at times and it also makes for many good laughs. Let's just say it's amazing what people actually do behind closed doors.


I got married in 2005 to a great guy. His name is Chris and he is wonderful. Besides being really funny he is a great person all around. He is self-employed and does finish carpentry and machining. He is really talented at what he does. We remodeled a home in Meridian last year and sold it a couple months ago so now we are renting and hopefully buying/building a home soon. We don't have any kids right now but we have a dog, Gus, who is our little kid for now.


That about sums it all up. I look forward to seeing you all at the reunion and also catching up through the blog. Talk to you all soon!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck! It has been forever since I've seen you! and your long hair is gone!!!!You look beautiful!It suits you. (You just had your long hair for so long that it was like your trademark! You probably had enough to donate twice, huh? ) Are you planning on coming to the reunion?
That's neat that you became a nurse. You'd make a great one! Talk to you soon.

Angie Miller said...

Rachel - Have we passed each other in Meridian? I swear I saw you once at Wal-Mart. We '97 Diggers in this area should get together! Looks like there's quite a few of us.

Angie

Jenn Handy said...

Rachel. . . HOW THE HECK ARE YOU? I am so excited to see you next week . . . since it will be on a lot better terms. . . like no sick baby at primary childrens . . . and no crazy mother in Boise ha ha. Well I can't wait to catch up. Love ya ~ Jenn

Angie Miller said...

Too crazy! I actually delivered my baby downtown.

I live in Paramount - where did you sell your house?

SUMMER YANCEY said...

KARTER03hello rachey
this is summy and cheree, just logged in seen your beautiful pic and that handsome son of a gun you married. peace out!!!

Angie Miller said...

Lochsa Falls is in my ward, and I know lots of people over there. What's your sister's married name?

chereep said...

hey answer your stupid e-mail!

Jean Wilding Richardson said...

Rachel ... I know I've seen you a couple of times in passing at the St. Luke's elevators but I had NO idea you worked in the ER! I'm up on 7E taking all those lovely detoxing and demented admits from you guys. Did you know Ben Rydalch works in CCU now too? There are diggers EVERYWHERE!!
We're in Meridian too. The Linder ward. Angie (Bergstrom) recently moved into our stake. Where are you guys at?
Jean

Elder Paysen Adams said...

you went from ele ed to nursing! I just remember being in that one wierd class with you. I can't remember which one but there was a time the class was debating issues and i stood up and said something about mrs. tyler running naked in the fields? Not sure what that had to do with anything but i remembered it. yeah that was good times!

The Russell Four said...

Hey Rachel, you look so cute! Love your short hair. I took the plunge back in February too and actually chopped mine. Funny how I used to run into you and Emily a lot down here at parties or whatever in SLC. How's Emily now and where's she at?

Anonymous said...

Rachel, If you haven't forgot about this blog and you're reading this . . . .It was nice talking with you at the reunion! You are still such a sweetheart! You have always been one of those people who obviously has a big heart! I don't remember EVER seeing you be unkind to anyone!. . . including me. Thank you for your kindness over the years (even though I was the 'outsider' who moved to Newdale.) You've always been a great example to me! Take care and I wish you the best in your life! Melissa :)