Friday, August 24, 2007

Howdy

Hello Everyone,

This is Karl, Natalie, and Calvin Mortensen.

We've just left Boston for Syracuse, NY, and are enjoying it. I guess a brief history would be in order:

1998-2000 Mission, South Africa Cape Town
2002 Graduated Ricks College, Electrical Engineering
2002 Met Natalie at BYU (a couple of weeks after she met me :-)
2003 Married Natalie in the D.C. Temple
2004 Graduated BYU, Electrical Engineering
2004 Went to Boston to work in embedded software for a defense contractor, Sudbury MA
2004 Bought an atrocious fix-r-upper, Marlborough MA
2006 Calvin Joshua Mortensen born, Framingham MA
2007 Finished fixing up the now-lovely home, just in time to move, Marlborough MA
2007 Went to Syracuse to work in software at a not-for-profit defense corp, Syracuse NY
2007 Nov-Dev Our second son will be born. Anybody have any good names?

I guess we figured we'd start on the East Coast, and slowly make our way back to the Rockies. :-) If anyone comes out this way, don't hesitate to say hello.

So that's it in a nutshell. If you want pictures, there are a whole bunch at kmort.smugmug.com, but I don't know how long they will stay up there. So take a look. It's pretty easy to get a hold of me at kmortd spam at gmail spam dot com. Just take out the spaces and the words "spam", and you've got it.


Later!
K/\/\ort D




Calvin conquering the Goldfish box for the first time. It was cute then.

3 comments:

Glade said...

Is the cryptic email address delivery a veiled attempt to keep people from actually getting in contact with you? Cause if so, that's awesome! Uhm, we are in touch without this blog, but I thought I'd say... what the... why am I on a blog page at 1:00 in the morning eating a tub of frosting...? So this is what it's come to. Haha. I'll send you an email later--if I can get the address right!

Scott said...

Well hello there Mortensens!

It's great to hear from you! We sure had fun seeing you guys in Boston last year! I'd love to hear more about your new job in Syracuse, and also how you like living there. I loved being in Rochester and wouldn't mind living there again--the seasons are incredible, and especially missed now that we're in Florida!

Take care and best wishes with your second career as a home fix-r-upper and of course your second son--congrats!

Scott & Lindz

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

K-Mort,

It is good to hear how you are doing. I am glad to see that you found your way up on this page. Thanks for the link to the pictures. It is fun to see your family. I remember being at BYU-Idaho and talking to you through the window at the work place of which I couldn't go in. I am in Iowa right now working for a small city and working my way up the job ladder as well. Well, I might have to go to Boston on business sometime in the future so I will have to look you up.

Take Care,

Haacke