Thursday, November 29, 2007

Remembering Shawn Stoddard

I just heard about Shawn a few minutes ago. Here is a couple links of stories about him. He was an amazing guy, and if anyone knows if we can do something for his family, please post.

http://www.kidk.com/news/11221501.html

http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?s=7316015

7 comments:

Greg Wilding said...

Wow. I had no idea, either. Thank you for posting this. My sincere condolences to the Stoddards and Garns.
I was also unaware of Shaun's service to our country. I'm grateful for him and all those who serve. I'm proud to have known Shaun.

Scott said...

Thanks for posting this, Angie--I hadn't heard anything about Shawn either. It looks like there is a fund set up at Wells Fargo to help his wife and two kids. Here's an updated news article about him: http://kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=7327334&nav=menu546_2_1.

As has been said, I am proud to have known Shawn and to have been knocked over by him a few times in various sports. He had a great personality and brightened a lot of lives. I respect him a great deal for defending our country--for joining the Army *after* 9-11 and serving in Iraq twice. He's a hero whom I pray God will bless for his service, and his wife and children for their support of him.

Terry Family said...

My prayers go out to his family. I am thankful for Shawn and those who serve our coutry and often give up so much to do so.

The Russell Four said...

That's really strange and sad about Shawn. I looked him up on Myspace and found his profile. You can see pics of him and his family. He also posted his marital status as divorced, which conflicts with the news reports. He last logged on 10/28.

Scott said...

Here's another link that may work better: http://www.krdotv.com/Global/story.asp?s=7319844

jess and seth said...

I would just like to express my gratitude for Shaun's service for our country and for his kindness to me throughout our association.

He was such a fun personality. I have fun memories of him boxing in the "Andreson Arena" (Carls' House).

I also can vividly envision his left-handed charging lay-ups at basketball practice, not to mention him kindly giving me rides home from practice in his black Suzuki Sidekick.

Thankyou Shaun for the memories and your service in the armed forces.

SEth

s p e n c e r h a a c k e said...

This was a shock as I read and kept reading what ever article I could find. I remember sitting down with My wife and telling her all I knew about Shawn.

I too am grateful for his service and sacrifices. My prayers go out to his family.

Haacke