u p d a t e
We are freezing. Iowa is a kick in the face. I can't believe how cold it is. It has rarely gotten above 10 degrees all winter. It is so cold that the other day I went to work and parked my car in the normal place, underneath the big tree at the front of our office building. Well, I covered my face to avoid frost bite and headed into the building. Suddenly I heard a crack. I looked up and saw that the tree had this crack splitting it in half. I looked down at my car and ran over to it and moved it to the other end of the parking lot. My car is fine, and the tree has not fallen yet, but I suspect that if it doesn't this winter it will next.
We don't get out much in this cold, we mostly stay inside. Shayla (Checketts) Smith stated that it is not a normal Iowa winter. I was glad to hear that.
I helped out this year coaching the boys basketball team this year. I have to admit I thought I had more time, and found that I couldn't put what I wanted into it. They were happy to have what little I could help out with. They were a good team and I enjoyed doing it. The season is over now and I am back focusing on work and family.
I was just home the other week because my grandmother past away and it was so much warmer in Idaho than Iowa. It was good to be back there and see the school and a couple of friends. I wish I had more time to see more of you. But that is just how life goes.
Haacke
We don't get out much in this cold, we mostly stay inside. Shayla (Checketts) Smith stated that it is not a normal Iowa winter. I was glad to hear that.
I helped out this year coaching the boys basketball team this year. I have to admit I thought I had more time, and found that I couldn't put what I wanted into it. They were happy to have what little I could help out with. They were a good team and I enjoyed doing it. The season is over now and I am back focusing on work and family.
I was just home the other week because my grandmother past away and it was so much warmer in Idaho than Iowa. It was good to be back there and see the school and a couple of friends. I wish I had more time to see more of you. But that is just how life goes.
Haacke
.jpg)
1 comment:
Good to hear from you. I have a brother from my adoptive family on a mission in Des Moines and he has said it is cold there. We have had a fairly warm winter here but more snow than we have had in a while. I am going to be moving to LaFayette IN to be closer to Matt in June, so I get to see what the midwest is like. Why do they call it the midwest anyway? Seems closer to the east to me. You also have a beautiful family. Later, Marshall
Post a Comment